Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. The science suggests these are skills -- ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70’s, or yoga in the 90’s, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution.
Join the team that’s accelerating this revolution.
Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world’s most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Mission: Ensure efficient, effective operations, design and oversee high-functioning systems, and help lead strategic planning for the Ten Percent Happier content team, across podcasts and in-app content, working closely with the Director of Content.
This position will directly supervise and hire project managers and coordinators for the department, to begin with the hiring of a project coordinator, in-app content.
Preference for Boston, NYC or San Francisco. Remote candidates are also welcome to apply.
Content Strategy and Production Systems Management:
- Work closely with the Director of Content in establishing operational strategy and vision for Ten Percent Happier’s content team.
- Help develop and lead regular strategic planning processes across the content organization, and in close collaboration with the product and marketing teams.
- Help develop and track clear and inspiring goals for the content organization’s success, including performance metrics and strategic milestones for each content unit.
- Manage the day to day operations of the content organization, in close partnership with each unit’s leader, proactively addressing and creating systems for communication, tracking and reporting.
- Work closely with the marketing team to manage/coordinate audience development, PR, analytics, media to app conversion strategy, and the tracking of user behavior on our app.
- Establish clear performance and compliance tracking standards for content, ensuring that insights are effectively communicated across the company and within each vertical.
- Serve as a thought leader and partner on the development and strategic optimization of major content initiatives (e.g. new podcasts or in-app content verticals).
Business Planning, Deals and Budgeting
- Build and oversee holistic business and strategic modeling for media properties and in-app content initiatives (e.g. new courses or features), working closely with marketing, finance and product to incorporate audience data and performance metrics.
- Manage the departmental budget, and oversee content unit budgets, as well as the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Help craft and negotiate talent and partner agreements.
- Working with unit content leaders, establish clear standards and practices for decision making, meetings, workflow and quality control.
- Help develop the production process and systems for quality and efficiency.
- Work with the Director of Content to present strategic and business models when necessary.
People And Culture
- Support the drafting of job descriptions and scorecards for new roles, as well as the effective recruitment of candidates.
- Help run the interview process for key new roles, in close collaboration the Director and content leaders.
- Build close relationships with content team members to proactively assess team functioning and systems, and to identify impediments and process improvements.
- Help design and lead team meetings and staff retreats
- Experience driving operational excellence for content focused organizations, ideally in the fields of podcasting and/or digital video.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with experience designing and overseeing efficient workflow and content management systems.
- Experience building and managing budgets, business models and strategic plans.
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative feedback & data analytics to track content performance.
- Experience with product management for an app is a major plus.
- Experience managing production and operations staff.
- Genuine personal interests in storytelling and meditation. You have strong opinions about media products (e.g. podcasts), and have a mindfulness/meditation practice.
- Experience building a diverse team and creating space for equity and inclusion within that team.
- Experience producing media is a major plus, but not required.