Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Your mission is to craft a compelling narrative of the holistic Ten Percent Happier brand and media sub-brands, reaching new audiences through partnerships and PR to amplify our voice and position in the landscape. This role can be titled Director or VP based on the candidate's experience.
What you will do:
Launched in 2014 with Dan Harris’ New York Times best selling book, Ten Percent Happier has brought meditation practices and learnings to millions of households. We’re now expanding on that approach by building various media properties (podcasts, books, streaming video), expanding our award-winning app membership, and developing new products to connect members and foster deeper transformation. We’re seeking a Director of Partnerships & PR to navigate the various opportunities to tell our story, develop meaningful partnerships to reach new audiences, and connect with the right people in the news and media landscape so that our story is understood and engaged with as widely as possible.
Some of your activities will include:
- Build brand awareness and Ten Percent Happier membership growth through creative partnerships, activations and PR
- Oversee earned media initiatives such as book launches, streaming deals and product launches to ensure the largest audience possible is engaged
- Overseeing social strategy and execution for our consumer brand and various media brands
- Oversee and manage Dan Harris’s next book launch and tour in early 2023
- Champion the brands, ensuring that all recommendations are in line with holistic goals and brand guidelines as well as individual business considerations
What does success look like?
- Ideate, negotiate and execute a number of partnerships with media properties and brands that allow us to reach new audiences with content that amplifies our brand and highlights our value to potential members
- Help next book (early 2023) reach NYT Bestsellers list, as Ten Percent Happier did (Dan Harris’ initial book).
- Manage PR partner and further develop our PR strategy to vastly increase the reach and media pickup of our narrative
- Increase organic growth in traffic and audiences across podcast, app membership, and social media.
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience creating opportunities and leveraging assets to land partnerships and PR narratives that exponentially grow reach and revenue, including press, digital and live events
- Is a skilled relationship-builder who can generate trust with internal and external stakeholders, with experience contributing to all phases of projects, from concept through execution
- Ability to lead in articulating, establishing and driving a common vision with cross-functional team members in a way that provides autonomy but results in a cohesive narrative across touch points
- Previous success utilizing customer and competitor insights, analytics and creative thinking to develop compelling materials to support pitches
- Have built, prioritized, and executed marketing strategies across partnerships, PR, communications and social media, managing autonomously and escalating where necessary
- An understanding of external trends to spark fresh ideas and ensure relevancy in a changing marketplace; previous health, wellness or fitness experience a plus
Who you will work with:
You will report directly to Sarah Bidnick, Chief Marketing Officer.
You will work alongside Julia Wu, Allison Bryant, Toni Magyar, and Dara Continenza
Why we think you’ll like working here:
- You’ll receive a $1,000 stipend to support your work from home set-up
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.