Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life's challenges. The science suggests these are skills - ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70's, or yoga in the 90's, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that's accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world's most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
Mentor and support the growth of the mobile team and collaborate with the product, design, and backend engineering teams to deliver innovative features to our ever-growing user base.
What you will do
- Write and review code written in Swift
- Lead new feature requests through the product development lifecycle, including drafting technical specs and soliciting feedback, tech leading the mobile and backend development, defining QA guidelines, and releasing to users.
- Drive helpful conversations around technical issues, architecture, and engineering practices and suggest improvements and ideas as you see them.
- Stay informed on the latest news and trends in the iOS ecosystem and bring those learnings to the team for integration.
What you will bring to the team
- Extensive experience building responsive interfaces in UIKit using AutoLayout.
- A deep understanding of software design patterns and architecture.
- Experience using a reactive programming paradigm such as RxSwift or ReactiveSwift.
- Experience working with mobile databases such as Realm, SQLite, or Core Data
- Experience designing client-server APIs and implementing iOS networking layers.
- Experience mentoring fellow engineers and encouraging the growth of others.
- A strong commitment to code quality and unit testing.
- Bonus: Familiarity with iOS accessibility features, such as Dynamic Type and VoiceOver.
- Bonus: Familiarity with Android or Ruby on Rails.
Who you will work with
Why we think you'll like working here
- We work in a brand new dog-friendly office in downtown Boston.
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better.
- We foster a culture that values clear and kind communication. We're passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- You will be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other's experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation package with equity.
- You’ll be eligible for our full benefits package including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance as well as non-traditional benefits like meditation enrichment and DEI stipends.
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.